Jan. 12 – May 19, 2024
Lead Training Teacher ~ Lou Chapman
Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance RYT-500
Your New Journey Starts Here!
Lou Chapman (LTT) accompanied by a team of highly trained yoga teachers all skilled in the art of teaching yoga, the Urban Yoga Teacher Training 200 delivers a transformative experience for anyone who would like to:
- Start on the path of teaching yoga
- Fine-tune or expand their current teaching skills and toolset
- Deepen their personal practice and understanding of yoga beyond studio classes
Taught with experience and creativity, the program’s modules are designed to appeal to and engage all types of learners by applying the four core human learning styles: visual, auditory, reading and writing, and kinesthetic.
As a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, Urban Yoga Teacher Training 200 prepares students to register with Yoga Alliance for RYT-200 certification.
What You’ll Learn — At a Glance:
- History and Philosophy of Yoga — including a look into the most important classic texts and an understanding of the main styles of yoga
- Yoga Anatomy — including movement essentials and biomechanics
- Asanas — including understanding the different groups of poses, principles of alignment, modifications, and adjustments
- Sequencing — including progressive sequencing and class design
- Pranayama — including the major types of breath practice
- Meditation — including benefits, an introduction to the major styles, and a how to teach the basics
- Class Setup and Formats — including thematic teaching, intention-setting, and classroom setup
- Ethics and Qualities of a Great Teacher — including developing your voice, the “seat of the teacher,” and teaching tips learned from experience
200-HOUR RTT CALENDAR – In-studio instructional sessions (105+ hours):
Fridays – 6-8pm
Sundays 12:00 – 4:00pm
*Sun. 1/21 12:00-5:00pm
2/9 – 2/11
2/16 – 2/18
3/1 – 3/3
3/22 – 3/24
4/12 – 4/14
4/19 – 4/21
5/10 – 5/12
5/17 – 5/19
Online Self Paced Study:
Online Lessons, Pre-recorded – 15-25 hours per month
Self-study and Homework (20 hours), 20 hours total, throughout the program.
Teacher Training Pricing/Payment Plan Structure:
$500 non-refundable deposit required to reserve space.
- $2,500 Advance Full Payment (early bird price – $2,250 until Dec. 20, 2023)
- $2,800 – 2 Part Payment Plan ($1,400 ea.)
- $3,000 – 4 Part Payment Plan ($750 ea.)
- Personalized payment plans are available upon request
- Unlimited membership for the duration of the training
- Access to workshops hosted by Lou Chapman for the duration of the training
- Basic supplies, journal, notebook, printed handouts
What’s Non Included?
- All required and non required reading materials